From around 16:00 up to now we are experiencing a service disruption to Digital Factory. We are in the process of restoring service to our users.
The most common SSL certificate provider (Let’s Encrypt) made changes to how certificates are sent out. Our UM3 and S-line printers are not compatible with these changes.https://letsencrypt.org/docs/dst-root-ca-x3-expiration-september-2021/
We are working on a new firmware release in order to fix this, but you can manually update the certificates on an S3 / S5 printer
1. For S5 and S3 printers disable the firewall via the printer UI (if you enabled it)
2. Put your printer in development mode. You can enable it in the settings menu. The printer will show its' IP address on the display.
3. Connect to your printer over SSL using putty / command line (windows 10) / terminal
4. Type 'SSH root@ip-address-of-your-printer' and press enter
5. Type 'yes' and press enter to accept the connection
6. Type the password 'ultimaker' and press enter
7. Type 'apt-get update' and press enter. The printer will start to download some packages.
8. Type 'apt-get install ca-certificates' and press enter. The printer will install the new certificates.
9. Type 'reboot' and press enter
10. After reboot enable the firewall again